Sunday, March 18, 2012

My little brother

Psalms 34:18- The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Sometimes things happen in life that we don’t understand. It seems like everything is going the way you want things to go and nothing possibly could go wrong. You here tragic stories that have happened to others but you think, that could never happen to me. I’m not sure why God allows tragic things to happen, or why he chooses the people he does to have them happen to, but I do know one thing, HE is in control and HE is the ultimate planner. Gods timing is always perfect, although we as humans aren’t always able to comprehend the things God does or the things He allows to happen, it is so comforting to know that we are His children and that He has far better plans for us than we can ever imagine. The last week has been a blur for us. Who knew one phone call could cause such pain, and confusion. Why God? Why us? And then I stop and I remember the verse I’ve learned growing up, Jeremiah 29:11- For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord….. And then I think why not us? Although we can’t wrap our minds around the fact that this is all part of Gods plan and this is what He has desired to happen, we feel peace knowing that He is with is and He is going to do things far greater than we could ever imagine. The Lord has blessed my family with a guardian angel, Campbell. Although we were never able to embrace him in our arms and tell him how much we loved him, I know that God has, and that is something far greater than he could ever receive here on earth. I never met my little brother, but I love him. Selfishly, I wish he was here to come home to me, to meet all my friends, to make me laugh, to annoy me, to bring around to show off his precious dimples, to be able to dress him like a little stud, to teach him to be like me (: but I know for a fact, that the place our Campbell is now is so much better than I could ever imagine. Painlessly, he runs around, being able to embrace his Father.  My little brother is happier than anyone here on earth could ever bare to imagine. Although I was never able to meet him, I am SO grateful that God has allowed be to be Campbell’s big sister. I can’t wait till the day when I get to meet him in heaven and tell him how much I love him, and there we can live careless and worry-free together in the presence of the Lord and all of His angels, there is no greater place imaginable. But until then, know that you are loved and missed, sweet boy. Rest in Peace my little brother, I’ll see you soon.

I just finished my painting of Campbell in art class (:



-Lynsey

3 comments:

  1. Lynsey - you have touched my heart. You are a beautiful writer and have captured your emotions so well with a few written words... I'm amazed by you and your family. Your portrait of Cam is absolutely beautiful!

    Tammy McCracken

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynsey - your words are achingly beautiful. I pray that the Lord would minister to your heart! Amy - I am heartbroken for your loss! I will be praying for you and your family as you mourn Campbell! I am comforted by the words in Romans 8 that when we are groaning in our pain, the Holy Spirit hears us and intercedes on our behalf. That is how I feel right now - I have no adequate words of comfort. Your sorrow moves me to tears. May God bless you as you navigate through this trial. Blessings, Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy, So many are mourning with your earthly loss, but we join you in celebrating Campbell's reunion with the Father in Heaven. God will bless you in mighty ways for allowing His glory to shine through this tragedy.

    Praying for your family,
    Angie

    ReplyDelete