Monday, October 1, 2012

our 23rd anniversary.....

it was our anniversary...Mike and I had been married for 23 years...we were about to take my dad to the airport...Mike and my dad were waiting in the car when I had to quickly look up a file for a family on my computer before I left...long story but I accidentally opened the wrong file...and when I did my heart skipped a beat when I saw this little face...he reminded me of Cam and then I looked further...he was from the same orphanage...he had the same special need...and he was waiting...for a family...Mike and I obviously have looked at children's files before...he is always the decision maker because I feel God gives daddies discernment in this area...for me it is a bit too overwhelming and emotional...so I prayed...for Mike to have wisdom and clarity when I told him about this boy...on the way home from the airport I gave him the "bullet points"...he asked me to show him his file when we got home...after reading it he simply said "lets move foward with him, contact Lily (our china facilitator and friend)"....we had been praying ever since Cam died that if God wanted us to adopt He would show us the child...so on our 23rd anniversary after Mexican food and a trip to the airport he showed us this face that melted our hearts.....

No comments:

Post a Comment